Pricing for residing in one of our assisted living homes varies depending on single occupancy or double occupancy, a short term stay or long term stay. Prices also vary depending on the level of care your elderly loved one needs.
Upon Management approving, an individual for admission to "Shepherd Senior Living", the person concerned will be required to fulfill the following financial obligations before commencement of his/her stay as a resident of "Shepherd Senior Living".
Pay Security Deposit as indicated below
- Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakh only), in twin sharing occupancy for Couples, Sisters, Brothers
- Rs. 3,00,000/- (Rupees Three Lakh only), per person in case of single person in twin sharing occupancy
Under no circumstances, the Security Deposit money held with the Management can be used towards personal expenditure or any Medical treatment / Hospitalisation of the residents.
The above amounts of Security Deposit will not carry any interest and is refundable as per following conditions:
- The security deposit amount is 85% refundable on death of the resident (irrespective of period of stay of the resident at Shepherd Senior Living) to the nominee as appearing in the application form, after one month from the date of such death.
- In the event, a resident leaves "Shepherd Senior Living" on his/her own choice after completing a stay of full one year or more, 80% of the security deposit amount will be refunded to the resident after one month of leaving "Shepherd Senior Living".
- In the event, a resident leaves "Shepherd Senior Living" on his/her own choice before completing a stay of full one year 75% of the security deposit amount will be refunded to the resident after one month of leaving "Shepherd Senior Living".
- In the event, a resident being asked to leave by the Management of "Shepherd Senior Living" for any act of misconduct or any other acts of omission/commission which is considered serious by the management committee, 70% of the security deposit amount will be refunded to him/her after one month of date of departure, irrespective of the period of stay of the resident.
- In all the above cases, any unpaid dues of the resident will be adjusted from the refundable amount.
Pay an amount as applicable below, as monthly contribution on account of food, service, amenities, facilities, repairs & maintenance and other sundry expenses:
- Rs. 15,000/- per month in case of twin sharing occupancy (Couple, Sisters, Brothers).
- Rs. 25,000/- per month in case of a single person occupying a full room.
The amount has to be paid in advance on the 1st of each English Calendar month and is to be paid for six months at a time.
The above charges may be varied at the sole discretion of the Management on giving prior notice.
If any one of the couple expires, the surviving member will suffer from emotional trauma but, the surviving member shall have to pay the charges as per the room type he/she continues to occupy.
Personal Miscellaneous Expenditure
Keep a balance of Rs. 15,000/- with the Management which is extra over above. This amount is to meet the residents’ personal expenses like personal medicines, toileteries, clothes, car hire for personal use, doctors’ fees in case of personal consultation, personal ayah, repairing of personal items like spectacles, shoes, transistor etc., foods ordered on personal choice for self or guests etc.
- This amount has to be replenished regularly when paying regular charges or in case the amount dips below 75% before regular replenishment time.
- Accounts for this amount will be sent to the depositor regularly. Original cash memos or receipts will be provided wherever possible.
- The Management on its discretion may exempt the residents from keeping this amount with the Management if they can satisfy the Management in ensuring regular taking care of these expenditures by the local guardian.
- Under no circumstances, the Security Deposit money held with the Management can be used towards personal expenditure of the residents as explained above.
- This amount is 100% refundable to the resident after one month after deducting any dues if he/she leaves Shepherd Senior Living or to the nominees after the death of the resident.
Medical Facilities and Charges at Shepherd Senior Living
- The Management shall arrange monthly Medical checkup of general health of the residents.
- Both Allopathic, Ayurvedic and Homeopathic doctors will be made available to the residents for consultation.
- Occasional check up by Specialist doctors shall also be arranged.
- The Management shall bear the cost of treatment of residents for minor ailments only and shall provide only basic painkillers and aspirins. However, First Aid Box to combat small emergencies is readily available.
- The Management shall make arrangement of travel and an escort, for the residents who wish to visit any specialist doctor of their choice. The cost shall be borne by the resident.
- The Management shall arrange for the medicines which the residents will require in regular basis. Cost of such medicines is to be borne by the residents.
- Service of Licensed and trained Physiotherapist and Yoga therapist will be made available to the residents at a very reasonable cost.
- We have tie up with various Clinical Laboratories NABL accredited pathological Laboratories to ensure correct results of all pathological tests. The charges will be at a discounted rate.
- All medical expenses for treatment of major illness whether treated at "Shepherd Senior Living" or after being admitted to Hospital/ Nursing Home will have to be paid by the residents.
- In case of emergency, well equipped Ambulance is readily available within minutes. Deva Matha Hospital, Matha Hospital, Caritas Hospital, Governent Medical College, Kottayam, MOSC Medical College, Medical Trust Hospital, Lakeshore Hospital Aster Medi City are some of the prominent hospitals just a few minutes’ drive away
The residents are required to fulfill the following financial obligations towards probable medical emergency before commencement of his/her stay as a resident of “Shepherd Senior Living”:
- Deposit an amount of Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakh) only, per person with the Management for arrangement of treatment for major illness.
Management with approval of nature of treatment to be followed from the local guardian/children & guarantor shall take responsibility of payment for treatment from this fund only till it is 75% exhausted and the local guardian/children & guarantor will have to make immediate arrangement to replenish the amount spent from this fund in case the resident requires further treatment.
- In case, the resident returns to “Shepherd Senior Living” from hospital/Nursing Home, he/she has to have a deposit of full Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakh only), with the Management towards further probable medical emergency.
- Deposit a nominal sum of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only), for only IMMEDIATE EMERGENCY treatment.
In such case Management will inform the local guardian/children & guarantor to decide on the treatment. The Management will have the responsibility only for the start of treatment.
In case hospitalization is required Management shall only admit the resident to hospital/nursing home but responsibility of treatment and all financial responsibility shall lie on the local guardian/children & guarantor.
In case, the resident returns to “Shepherd Senior Living” from hospital/Nursing Home, he/she has to have a deposit of full Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand) only, with the Management towards further probable medical emergency.
- In both the above cases if during stay of any resident at ‘Shepherd Senior Living' this deposit amount is required to be used for any kind of medical treatment where hospitalization is not required, shall have to be replenished by the local guardian/children & guarantor or the resident him/herself immediately.
- The deposit amount in both the above cases is 100% refundable in case of death of a resident after recovering any medical charges if due.
- In case a resident has cover of Mediclaim Insurance (Minimum One Lakh), may avail a discount of 10% on the amount to be deposited with the Management for extending service of arrangement of treatment of major illness.
- Residents with coverage under CGHS may also avail the same 10% discount as above clause.
- Charges for consulting Specialist medical practitioner, cost of medicines prescribed has to be borne by the residents.
- If a personal ayah/attendant is required by any resident, at any point of time during his/her stay at “Shepherd Senior Living”, the daily charge for the ayah/attendant and his/her food is to be borne by the resident.
- In case of any resident becoming permanently incapacited and/or incapable of managing on his/her/own, Management will contact local guardian/children/guarantor for removing the resident from “Shepherd Senior Living”.
- In case of inability to remove the resident under such circumstances from “Shepherd Senior Living”, the Management will have the right to remove the resident to a different suitable room other than the room he/she was originally occupying at the rate to be decided by the Management.
Our team will work closely with you to assist you through each of the following six stages of admission.
Prepare all important documents including government identification, legal waiver, medical authorization, and financial records/bank statement.
Submit medical records to ensure we can accommodate their care needs. At this point our Facility Manager may require additional tests and a medical assessment from our side.
Once approved, you will need to complete and sign our service agreement - this will include an agreement of the move-in date.
Finally, you will need to pay your security deposit (as this is the only way to guarantee a spot in our facilities.)
Logistics + preparation
Once it’s time to move in, we will help prepare your room and assist in the transition including booking and arranging accommodation for visiting family.
Moving + settling in
And it’s finally time to move into your new home! Our Facility Manager will be there to greet you and ensure the move is smooth. We request high involvement from the family during this time.
Our mission is to set standard of excellence for skilled nursing facilities by providing exceptional care that enhances the quality of life for our clients with respect and dignity.
Establish service oriented institutions based on humane, philanthropic and secular principles of love to provide food for the hungry, clothes for the unclad, shelter for the destitute, and care for the sick. Establish service oriented institutions based on the ethnic principle of love, fraternity, compassion and sacrifice
About the Founder
Molly T. Philip belongs to a traditional and conservative Jacobite Syrian Christian family from South India. She was brought up under a strict traditional Christian discipline. After completing her pre-requisites from the University of Kerala, she moved to Bombay.